Friday 28 March 2014

The Great Gatsby

It is another simple and plain day that I should be grateful for. I have enough food, a vegetarian sub, nice little box of fresh milk, and juicy blueberries newly arrived from Spain. Oh, yes, I had a cup of decent hot coffee to start my day. The weather is rather sunny. I have the chance to stay in the very peaceful corner of the library at the edge of Fife, where the crawl of war has yet to reach. I have books to read for fun. I appreciate my life and I am contented. 

I've finished the Great Gatsby, well to be honest I failed to find it inspiring after seeing the movie. I had a chat on Daisy and Tom a couple of days ago with Vika, her discovery of Tom being a boring and common character kind of stuck in my mind. yes, I agree, Tom is just one of those many rats that you can easily spot from the crowd in Oxford Street. Tom seems to be a rather metropolitan figure, that, he would not simply exist if there is no city. I can hardly picture Tom from a village, this is just surreal. 

Enough of Gatsby, my grades are declining, and academically I am not doing well. I do not know what to do, I am strained and stressed but I seem to fail to find out a door within this labyrinth. 

I am now able to spell my friends' name out here, thanks to Jerome, my ego dwindled and become psychologically more balanced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment